Thursday 26 June 2014

Tag along...

...and have a look at what I've made this time!!

A while back I came across a lovely shop named Hope and Chances. There are some lovely things there including regular Charity Kits, the proceeds of which go to Ronald McDonald House Camberwell, if you read her blog you will see why. Anyway several months ago I bought such a kit and when it arrived I just didn't know where to start as it was so far removed from my usual papercrafting. So, it's sat there staring at me until yesterday when I set to and had a bash at my first ever tag book.

Here it is and I hope you like it...


I used all the components but inked the edges and used some of my own papers to compliment the rest.

 

I inked the edges just for a little definition


Me just about to take a chunk out of the Hubster while we were at Portland Bill on Sunday!! Not bad for a middle aged selfie.....oh youth is wasted on the young!!


This paper already had the text on it and I snipped some banners from the waste.


Having completed it I must now set to and make up the most recent kit which is three little wooden tags, so look out for those in the future!!

I am proudly taking my tags to play at these challenges

Charisma Cardz #14 - Show us what else you can do?...a tag book
NBUS #1 - Friendship (My very best one is my DH!!)

Looks like the rain is on it's way so I am off to mow the lawn beforehand. It will be nice not to have to water pots, baskets and planters though!!

Thanks for coming by and enjoy the rest of your day xx

29 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

These are fabulous...love the bits n pieces you gathered together into a masterpiece...xxx ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Michelle said...

ha ha ha "middle aged selfie" I love it - you made me laugh Sarah and your tag book is wonderful. It looks very detailed - Michelle x
I agree - youth is wasted on the young lol

JD/ Jill said...

Your tag book turned out really cute! (saw your post at Darnell's blog)

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! This is great.

Lisa xx said...

Ooh what a stunning make.....your selfie isn't so bad either xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah love the tag such a gorgeous project. Love Alison xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful creation, works great together cheers Sue N x

Judith said...

This is fab Sarah - love all the little elements - I now find that being out of my crafty comfort zone actually adds to the sense of satisfaction of it all- you should feel really good about this one! Hugs Judith x

Laine said...

Lots of fabulous design and detail Sarah. Stunning project.
Laine
xx

Zw@@n said...

Oh wow, these tags are gorgeous, Sarah. I love that selfie. Luv Wilma

Michelle said...

I remember Quick and Easy cross stitch Sarah lol. Making the fairy into a bauble is a fan idea. Thanks. Michelle x

Darnell said...

What a fun and delightful tag book, Sarah! (And an awesome selfie, by the way! Youth is indeed wasted on the young!) I love how you sponged the edges and added those sweet banners to your beautiful bird tag! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Debs said...

Gorgeous tag book Sarah - love the fabulous details.
Great photo too :o)
Debs xx

Carole said...

Your tag book is fab as is your selfie!!!!
Hugs
Carole xXx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, such a fabulous design and I love the selfie!
Sue xx

MaryH said...

Oh well done for a first effort on this type of thing. I wouldn't have had a clue as to where to start. You've used all these elements to make such a lovely project with so much shape, texture & color. Each tag had such dimension and interest and all the patterns made into a wonderful tag book. Certainly enjoyed the selfie - cute couple - and hope you got the mowing in ahead of the rain. TFS & Hugs

Jules said...

Hi Sarah

Your little book is fantastic!

I love all the little elements, embellishments and different techniques you have used.

You are right .. .. youth is wasted on the young .. ..shame we never realise the beauty and freedom it holds until it has gone :-(

I hope you have had a good week.

Love Jules xx

Mojca said...

Waw what a cute project, me like :) Hugs! Mojca

Hazel said...

Sarah, your tag book is fab. All your elements etc. just make it special. Hazel x

Sue said...

Great tag book Sarah!! love the elements and all the embellishments..we have rain here too :( have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Love it Sarah, it looks fab! Hugs, Lisa x

Janice said...

Very creative I must say Sarah! Love your little tag set and your gorgeous decoration of it. Great pic too, looks like you were having a fun day out! Jx

Annette said...

What a fab tag book, the sentiments are lovely. We've had the rain here too, so no watering of the tubs for me either. :0)

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Absolutely gorgeous, it looks fantastic! All of your details are so pretty!
Rebecca.

Kat W said...

This is utterly awesome and I love the collage style with all the little details :-)
Hugs, Kat x

PoppyK said...

Great card, Thank you for joining in at Charisma Cardz have fun and Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

Marie Richardson said...

This is fab
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

Peanut said...

Fabulous and fun .... nothing short of genius! LOVE how you've pulled it all together. Great job, Sarah!
hugs, Asha

Hath said...

Lovely design. Thanks for joining us this week at 4 crafty girlz. Good luck!